JW Dashboard 4.5: New Video Detail Design, Multi-Factor Authentication & more
Multi-Factor Authentication via email
Now each user can opt-in to multi-factor authentication to add an additional layer of security to their account. Enabling this option will send a security code to the email address associated with the user logging in. Admin users can also enforce multi-factor authentication to every account user by contacting support or their account rep.
Video Detail Redesign
We are rolling out a new design for the Video Detail page. This new version provides better organized metadata and assets sections for each video while also surfacing performance metrics for how individual videos performed over the last 90 days in a new Analytics section. We’re also introducing new immersive modes that allow users to optimize their videos:
- Thumbnail Mode is a revamped UI to select a thumbnail from suggested frames in the video or upload your own.
- Trim Mode allows publishers to select new start and end times for their video (while preserving the original media ID and analytics).
- Engagement mode provides a viewer engagement overlay to better understand dropoff and segments of interest during a video.
Playlists and Tag Exclusion
Tag exclusion rules can be set for Dynamic, Trending, Similar Video, and Search playlists. Users can choose to exclude videos by tag with ANY or ALL of the chosen tags. Conflicting tag rules (the same tag for both inclusion and exclusion) will not be allowed. At the video level tag exclusion rules will take precedence over inclusion rules.
- Users can now set an external VMAP ad schedule URL (for JW 8 Players) when creating or updating a player via the Monetize section of the Player Builder.
- We are collecting some feedback for localization options our users need in the Player Builder Customization section.
- Resolved an issue where caption track timestamps were not rounded correctly upon conversion to VTT, resulting in a cue start time occurring after a cue end time.