Privacy Notice To California Employees And Contractors
Regarding The Collection Of Personal Information
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
LongTail Ad Solutions, Inc. dba JW Player, and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates, including its subsidiaries JW Player UK LTD, JW Player Netherlands BV, and JW Player Singapore PTE. LTD. (the "Company" or "we") is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information of our current and former employees ("Employees") and contractors (together with Employees, "Personnel") and their emergency contacts and beneficiaries. The Company does not sell or otherwise disclose this personal information for monetary or other consideration to any third parties.
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") effective January 1, 2020, and all data privacy laws in the jurisdictions in which the Company collects personal information of Personnel.
What Categories of Personnel Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use This Information?
We collect the following categories of personal information for the purposes described below:
Sources of Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from you. We may also combine personal information collected from other sources with the personal information you provide to us. For example, we may collect information from:
- Prior employers (e.g., for references)
- Professional references you provide to us
- Educational institutions
- Pre-employment screening services
- Credentialing and licensing organizations
- Publicly available sources such as your social media profile (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook)
- Third parties as necessary for providing you with benefits and ancillary services
- Other sources as directed by you
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information as necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, we share your personal information with the following parties:
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates.
- Service Providers: We use service providers to operate, host and facilitate our operations and business (including human resources operations). These include hosting, technology and communication providers; security and fraud prevention consultants; analytics providers; background and reference check screening services; and hiring process and benefits management and administration tools.
- Government authorities and law enforcement: In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Business transfers: Your personal information may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
- Professional advisors: We may share your personal information with our professional advisors.
- Other: We may also share your personal information with third parties for purposes of fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities; protecting the rights, property or safety of you, us or another party; enforcing any agreements with you; responding to claims; and resolving disputes.
Contact for Questions
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the collection of your personal information, please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Personnel with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting to email@example.com or (212) 422-0140.