Live streaming is becoming a critical part of the video strategy for many content creators and publishers, especially given the popularity of Facebook Live. However, because of the complexity of typical live streaming workflows and the feature limitations of existing platforms, it has been difficult to deploy live streaming and to reach its full potential.
JW Live, our recently-launched end-to-end platform for live streaming, solves these problems and enables anyone you to quickly setup a live broadcast and monetize it across devices.
JW Live’s simple setup process
With JW Live, you don’t have to be a video engineer or tech-savvy person to get a live stream started. JW Live’s intuitive user interface makes it easy for anyone in your organization to live stream from the studio or out in the field.
The streamlined workflow has three simple steps:
- Metadata: Set your title, description, slate images, and simulcasting preferences.
- Preview: Connect your source stream to verify everything works before going live.
- Go Live: This is as simple as clicking on the Go Live button.
JW Live’s dashboard when broadcasting.
JW Live provides a complete end-to-end solution and includes the following features:
- Single RTMP entry point (broadcast from any RTMP-compatible encoder)
- Cloud transcoding to multiple bitrates and outputs HLS
- Simulcasting to social platforms including Facebook Live, YouTube, and Twitch
- Low-latency delivery via the Akamai CDN
- Real-time engagement analytics
- Auto-archival to VoD
- Monetization via standard JW Player ad interfaces (VAST, VPAID, etc.)
- Live-optimized JW Player that gracefully transitions to each state of a live broadcast (and archive)
We’re Just Getting Started
In 2017, we will continue to add new features such as 24/7 live streaming and dynamic server-side ad insertion to help you reach more viewers and increase monetization of your live content.
If you don’t have JW Live yet, contact your account representative to learn more.