- Faster HLS Video Startup. 5x faster adaptive HLS video startup with minimal buffering.
- Improved HLS playback performance.
- Second-precise seeking
- Improved support for advanced HLS features, such as discontinuities
- Takes the current CPU load into account when determining which HLS stream variant to play
- Improved bandwidth detection heuristics for faster adaptivity and optimal resolutions
- Show/hide player control bar. Added an API method for showing and hiding the media player control bar.
How Much Faster? A Side-by-side ComparisonThe following “HLS Startup Speed” video compares the native Android Media Player to our JW Player using the latest JW Player SDK for Android 1.2 version.
Today we are releasing our first major update to the JW Player SDK for Android. This release adds three important features:…
Today we are releasing the first version of our JW Player SDK for iOS. This software developer kit (SDK) enables publishers to easily build the JW Player video playback and advertising features they love directly into native iOS apps.
This announcement follows closely on the release of our JW Player…